- Depts & Other Info
- Dollar Lots
- Contact Us
Village of Rossville Launches a New Website! Subscribe Today! - October 04, 2019
Village of Rossville is proud to announce the launch of our new website. Subscribe to our site an... [more...]
The Village Clerk for the Village of Rossville provides clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the Village Trustees and the Village Mayor. In addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law. Below are just a few of the responsibilities of the Village of Rossville Village Clerk.
- Grants parade permits
- Grants street closures
- Manages requests to speak to Trustees
- Collects information and prepares Board agendas and other information for Trustees
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records
- Records and submits Village Board meeting minutes
- Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, or state and federal legislative offices.
- Perform general office duties, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
- Issue public notification of all official activities or meetings.
- Collaborate with other staff to assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, or priorities.
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
- Serve as a notary of the public.
- Maintain and update documents, such as municipal codes or village charters.
- Issue various permits and licenses, such as fishing, hunting, or dog licenses, and collect appropriate fees.
- Prepare reports on civic needs.
Notices of Foreclosures and Confirmation Orders should be sent to Chris White.